The Samoyed Association Open show 3rd October 2009
Held at TOMLINSONS, MARKFIELD CANINE CENTRE, LEICS LE67 9RJ
JUDGE : LENNART STAHLE
I was very honoured to judge this show of the British parent club. I would like to thank the committee for having confidence in inviting me and also the exhibitors who brought their dogs under me. For me it was a most memorable day. I also would like to thank my effective stewards who guided me through the rather big entry of 98 with 22 absentees.
My impression after having judged the dogs is that the breed and of course breeders do face some problems that has to be taken care of for the future. Construction and movement need to be improved. I had too many dog with poor movement, especially in the front. The construction of many fronts was had too upright shoulders and poor angulation between shoulder and upper arm. This causes a restricted front movement and paired with thin breast cages also paddling front legs. I also had some dogs lacking the typical strong and effective hind movement. Heads needs also to be watched for the future. A Samoyed should have wedge shaped head when looking it from above. There were some with very thin heads. I also think that bites need some attention. A level bite is allowed but there were too many rather young dogs with worn out front teeth.
Best in show : Ch & Aust. Ch. Snerzok Strike Chaser. A very good Samoyed and the far best mover today. Some might think that is long cast, but his back and loin are very strong and well muscled.
Best bitch and best of opposite sex in show : Nikara Kruising by Samarind. A very elegant bitch from the limit class also a very good mover.
Best puppy : Kimeekasams Miss Behaving at Nikara. A most promising bitch that has a great future.
Best veteran in show : Samgold Chantilly Lace of Troystar. 10 years old but with a very good movement.
Class Results :
Minor Puppy Dog (2,1) 1. Fremlin's Icewind Echo of Spring. Just 6 months but shows promise. Nice had for age, strong foreface. Good bone and feet. Moves well for his age.
Puppy Dog (5, 2)
1. Lepley's Sarnoushka Starstruck Sid Good 11 months puppy. Good head with flat skull and wedge. Good bite. Nice strong body. Moves well.
2. Gold's Swainsam's Duckslake Golden Spirit at Sawinsam. Nice puppy. A little upright in shoulder, short strong body and nice feet. Preferred movement 3.Hockley's Nikitta Snow Ice of Tsar.
Junior Dog (10, 2)
1. Jebson's Vandreem Imperial Piper at Briamanda Very pleasing with good head and expression, good bite. Excellent bone, good angulations and feet. Strong body, moved very well.
2. Ellis's Lizanvide Prince Montague, also a good junior. With nice head and expression, good bone and structure. Movement needs to improve.
Special Yearling Dog (4, 3)
1. Jebson's Vandreem Imperial Piper at Briamanda.
2. George's & Edward's Samgold Summertime Blues. Nice standing, but rather thin in front. Good head and expression, good bone. Movements needs to improve.
3. Hollamby's & Jones's Polarspirit The Playboy.
Novice Dog No entries.
Graduate Dog (3) Difficult class to judge. All three did not move well
1. Naylor's Karenshko Love Me Tender. Nice dog when standing. Good head with flat skull. Good bone, strong body and loin. Out of coat.
2. Turton's Nikitta Simply a Prince. Short coupled. Would like to see flatter skull. Noarrow front.
3. Hollamby's & Jones's Polarspirit The Palyboy.
Post Graduate (1)
Douglas' Aleski Rocket Man of troystar. Alone in class. Excellent. Good head, flat skull, very good expression. Good bone and feet. Well angulated, short strong body. Moved with style.
Limit Dog (8, 3)
1. Howlett's Smiliesam Shanteau Excellent type, very good head and expression. Very good bone and angulations, good feet, short strong body, moved well. Nice biscuit shadings.
2. Moody's & Haffenden's Novaskya Moonlite Legend Also a very good dog. Very good head and flat skull, best of expressions, Good shoulder and strong body. Movement in front could improve.
3. Jones' Vandereem Imperial Gaultier at Appenstar.
Open Dog (7,1)
Fitzgibbon's & Roberts's Ch & Aust. Ch. Snerzok Strike Chaser. Excellent dog. Wonderful head and expression. Very good bone and good feet. Many may think that he is long cast, but he has a very strong body and loin and will be able to perform his work. Excellent and effective movement. Best dog and Best in Show.
2. Gwynne's Ch Samoysky Lucky Orlando. A worthy champion with many qualities. Very good head with wonderful expression. Good bone and strong short body. Did not move to advantage.
Miller's Vandreem Imprial Lexus.
Veteran Dog (8, 2)
Fremilin's Glynsam Summer Storm at Icewind.
8 and a half year old veteran with a lot of qualities. Very good head and expression good bone and body proportions, well angulated. Moved well.
2. Atkins' Santika Brave Baron. 8 years good head and bone. Good expression, Moved well.
3. Lloyd's Arianhood Otavan Haamu.
Minor Puppy Bitch
1. Wilkes' Vandreem Imperial Cerruti 6 months, shows promise. Nice head for age, good bone. Moves well.
2. Quayle's Icwind Spring Sunshine. Rather thin in bone and body. Needs to grow.
Puppy bitch (2)
1. Freer's Kimeekasams Miss Behavning at Nikara. 12 months old, elegant and feminine. Good head and exprssion. Short strong body Well angulated. Moves with drive. Wonderful coat.
2. Scott-May's Croftdouglas Goldilocks. Rather rangey, needs to develop. Would like to see better head.
Junior bitch ( 2)
1. Kirkwood 's Vandreem Imperial Prada Promising feminine bitch of good quality. Very good wedge shaped head and expression. Good feet and excellent bone. Strong body. Moved well.
2. Howlett's Tiksi Snowburner. Rather thin in body, Needs to develop. Movement must improve.
Special Yearling Bitch (5)
1. Fitzgibbons's & Robert's Ice Maiden Smile Yoshi & US. Excellent bitch, with very good head an expression. Nice feet and very good bone. Strong body, well angulated, moved very well. Very good coat.
2. Kirkwood's Vandreem Imperial Prada
3.Grieve's & Nicholls-Grieve's Polarspirit Socialite.
Novice Bitch (3, 1)
1. Chandler 's & Smith's Sayantsi Golden Showers Nice type. Very good head and bone. Strong body rather upright in shoulder which affects front movement,
2. Howlett's Tiksi Snowburner
Graduate Bitch (6)
1. Brasier's Syantsi Lavender Lace. Promising. Very good wedge shaped head and expression. Excellent feet. Well angulated. Short coupled with strong loin. Moved well.
2. Fitzgibbons's & Robert's Ice Maiden Smile Yoshi & US.
3. Lloyd's Arianhood Otavan Loru.
Post Garduate Bitch (5, 1)
1. Danvers-Smith's Pewfall's Imperial Isabella at Fairvilla. Beautiful and very typical bitch. Wonderful head and expression. Good bone and feet. Strong body and loin. Well angulated. Moved well.
2. Shepherds Shianise Luvable Lulu. Quality bitch Good bone and feet. Short coupled. Movement needs to improve.
3. Ellis' Jocazjak Little Missy.
Limit Bitch (10, 2)
1. Hansell's Nikara Kruising by Samarind. Excellent bitch of high quality. Very good bone and feet. Excellent head and expression. Nicely arched neck. Strong body and loin. Effective movement. Best bitch.
2. Fremlin's Icewind Polarcloud. Short coupled bitch. Nicely cut head with a good wedge and good expression. Good bone and feet. Moved well.
3. Cross' Arianhod Hallan Juhla.
Open Bitch (5., 3)
1. Danvers-Smith's Fairvilla Imperial Aneisha. Good head and expression. Good bone and feet. Looks nice when standing. But movement is not collected at all. 2. Atkins' Santiks Sapphire Orchid. Also a nice bitch when standing.
Veteran Bitch ( 7, 4)
1. Douglas ' Samgold Chantilly Lace of Troystar. 10 years old. Excellent. Very nice head and expression. Short coupled. One of the best movers today.
2. Atkin's Santika Silent wings. 8 years. Good head and expression. Nice reach of neck. Good bone and feet. Short coupled. Moved well.
1. Fitzgibbon & Roberts.